Welcome to Canvas Demos version 2.0!
Over the last 12 months, the canvas element has become more popular thanks to the release of more capable browsers such as Firefox 3.5 and coverage on web development sites all over the web. This redesign is an answer to the increased demand, providing an improved information point for users interested in canvas.
The main focus for the redesign has been to provide visitors with access to the information and demos they want as quickly as possible. As more and more demos were added to the site, it became apparent that older demos were being lost within the archives. With that in mind, here’s what’s new:
- We’ve included a ‘highlights’ carousel on the front page, which will be regularly updated with information on some of the latest and greatest canvas demos.
- On the top right of every page we’ve included a search bar so if you know what you are looking for you can find it quickly and if you don’t, we’ve provided a ‘lucky dip’ button which will pick a demo at random.
- We’ve branched out in to news. The news section will provide all the latest updates on canvas, as well as what’s happening on the site.
- We’ve improved the demo archive pages so it’s much easier to find a demo that will interest you.
- We’ve improved the demo detail page. It’s now easier than before to rate, share and comment on a demo; and find out if the demo will work in your browser!
- We’ve improved the category system splitting demos in to ‘apps’ and ‘games’; and also increasing the number of sub-categories.
- And finally, for new users we’ve provided a quick alert on the front page to notify them if their browser support canvas using the fantastic Modernizr script.
We hope that you agree with us that the new Canvas Demos site is a big improvement on the last. And we’re working to make things even better in the months going forward. So, make sure you’re either subscribed to our RSS or following us on Facebook or Twitter; and buckle in for an interesting 2010!
We’d love to know what you think of the new site, please leave your feedback below! If you find any bugs, here is the place to tell us!
Happy New Year!