Fancy making a game? Using Canvas? You do! Excellent!
Matthew Casperson has been incredibly busy writing this whole bunch of tutorials about developing a platformer using canvas. From keyboard input to parallax scrolling, from animations to resource loading – it’s all covered in his tutorials.
Check them out here:
- An introduction to the canvas element
- Drawing an image to the canvas
- Advanced image manipulations with the canvas element
- Parallax scrolling with the canvas element
- Creating the game framework – part 1
- Creating the game framework – part 2
- Putting it all together
- Defining a level
- Jumping and falling
- Adding Powerups
- Resource Loading